A Halloween getaway to Cabo San Lucas is one that is sure to be defined by amazing weather and endless entertainment! Halloween links right up to Día de los Muertos which is celebrated on November 1-2, 2023. That means there’s bound to be plenty of meaningful flavor, activities, and fun to be found upon arrival. Customize your holiday away with a few of the following activities and stops when you spend Halloween in Cabo San Lucas this year.
Savor the Flavors of the Halloween Season in Cabo San Lucas
A true highlight of a trip to Cabo San Lucas over Halloween for many travelers is the opportunity to try the delicious fare that abounds in the name of holiday fun and Día de los Muertos as well. This time of year, restaurants across Cabo San Lucas are known for serving up:
- Mouthwatering Molcajete – which is a cactus stew served in a cauldron-inspired bowl to set the spooky scene. It’s enjoyed with tortillas and a fan-favorite of October travelers.
- Roasted Peppers – when they’re cooked over an open flame, they take on a smoky and sweet flavor that’s truly one-of-a-kind.
- Mole – served across fine dining establishments throughout the region, mole is used to top prime meats or as a base for cooking. You won’t want to leave Cabo San Lucas behind this Halloween without having tried the Huitlacoche either. Dished out alongside cotija cheese, this rich dish is one for the record books.
- Tamales – whether you opt for a version mixed with pineapple or choose a spicey variety, these corn paste delights are bound to inspire the taste buds. If you have a sweet tooth to satisfy, the markets in and around Cabo San Lucas will be bursting with options to choose from.
- Calaveras – (sugar skulls)
- Pan de Muertos – (semi-sweet bread) to savor. There are also dulce swirls and coco blocks for sale this time of year that are fun for everyone in your traveling crew to try.
Book a Pirate Ship Tour with the Family
If your Halloween getaway to Cabo San Lucas happens to be an adventure you’re enjoying alongside the entire family, you won’t want to miss out on booking a pirate ship tour while you’re in town! While this is sure to thrill the kids, there’s plenty for the adults to enjoy as well as you step aboard the Buccaneer Queen. This tour experience comes complete with costumed crew, themed beverages, and pirate activities for kids as well. The Buccaneer Queen was constructed in 1968 and is one of only two ships of its kind that sail around the Los Cabos Bay. The tour stops at the iconic Cabo San Lucas Arch, sails by Lovers Beach, and offers up great views of coral reefs and Chileno Bay as well. The ship spans 86 feet and is an authentic replica of a historic pirate galleon that would have authentically hosted pirates in eras past. You will get the complete pirate experience with the costumed crew, specialty drinks, and activities for kids. While these tours are available year-round, there’s something undeniably fun about hopping onboard during the Halloween season when pirates tend to be top of mind!
Spend Time Snorkeling in Santa Maria Bay
The beauty of a trip to Cabo San Lucas over Halloween is that the end of October here is still marked by amazing weather and warm waters. With thoughts of cold and snow far behind you, there’s no reason not to add a snorkeling excursion to your to-do list! Head over to Santa Maria Bay for some of the best snorkeling in the area while you’re here.
While independent outings are always an option, there are also plenty of sailing and snorkeling catamaran tours available to book when you’re looking for added luxury and some guidance along the way. Tours are typically 4 hours and offer up onboard beverages and food as well. Enjoying kayaking? There are customized snorkeling and kayaking tours available here as well!
Enjoy Time on the Greens
In 2018, four of Los Cabos’ 18 golf courses were ranked among the world’s 100 best by Golf Digest. That said, it’s fair to say this is a golf enthusiast’s dream destination and when you find yourself here over Halloween, there’s no reason not to explore the best the links have to offer! In general, the golf courses across Los Cabos are categorized as private, public, or playable with restrictions. If you’re looking to book a tee time at public courses this Halloween, be sure to start with destinations like the Cabo San Lucas Country Club, Palmilla, Puerto Los Cabos, and Vidanta as well as Cabo Real.
Book Your Stay Today
When travel plans bring you to scenic Los Cabos, the team at Cabo Platinum has the luxurious accommodations waiting to elevate your experience even further. Reach out today to learn more and to start planning your next exciting trip!